Saturday, December 11, 2010

Monkey Bread Muffins

Thought I would share this EASY recipe for a YUMMY breakfast!!! I made these this morning. I got the idea from a teacher at my school...but I was inspired by an incredible Monkey Bread recipe from Mel!! The one that Mel makes was always a little too much for our family to eat...and we are bad about leftovers...so I like the size of this recipe!!!!

Here are the ingredients you will need...

1 pkg of biscuits
3 tsp of cinnamon
1/8 cup of sugar
1/4 cup of brown sugar
1T of butter melted
muffin pan and muffin cups

Preheat the oven to 400!!!
 Mix sugars and cinnamon together in a bowl
 Cut each of the biscuits into 4 pieces
 Because biscuits come in 10 packs you should have 40 pieces to place in each cup.  I put 4 pieces in each muffin cup!!!
 Melt the butter and pour over top of the biscuit pieces
 Sprinkle the mixture on top
 And bake for 10 minutes
 Can't get much easier than that!!
 They are the perfect size for snacks too.  My kiddos love to pull the little pieces apart!

****Next time I may try and do the "shake" technique to get them a little bit more sugary!!! The insides weren't very sugary...but were STILL delicious. MAYBE we don't NEED all the sugar. ha ha

I had two very happy kiddos with a fun breakfast this morning!! Happy Cooking

1 comment: