Friday, May 13, 2011

Kentucky Derby

Last weekend I was fortunate enough to go to the Kentucky Derby!! The whole trip was totally thrown together last minute, but it was really an amazing time. Fortunately my family could help with the kiddos on short notice...and my awesome nanny offered to drive them to St. Louis for me to save an extra 4 hours of driving! Thanks again Becky :)


In the car about to head into the Derby...



Our friends Tim and Lynn were able to join us with little notice as well!


Thanks to Erin at BringUpBurns I was able to throw a hat together! It ended up being SUPER CUTE!


Jimmy drinking a mint julep...WITH a mint julep tie :)



All the boys together...Mike, Matt, Jimmy and Tim



Our friends Terri and Tom who invited us for the weekend. We had such a great time thanks to them...


Our view from the 6th floor...apparently horse racing is NOT like baseball...the higher the better. You can see the entire track from up here!!


We ended up having a beautiful day!!


And Lynn got a picture with Martha Stewart...she was thrilled :)


Afterwards we headed to a fantastic dinner with friends!!



We had a fantastic time!! I truly hope to go again :)

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment