Wednesday, September 30, 2009

HALLOWEEN = CRAFT TIME

It's that time of year where all the crafty people LOVE to show off. Us every day go getters are jealous and wish we could do some of the cool crafts that so many people create. I LOVE Halloween and am excited because one of my friends, and Ella's bestest bud, Molly, made the most ADORABLE Halloween costume. Its a made from scratch Ariel costume that EVERYONE will be jealous of. She even made the cutest seashell headband to go with it.
People like Molly make me want to be creative and make things, not only for myself, but for my kiddos. I have decided to invest in my first sewing machine. Not sure what kind to get or what I would need...but something pretty basic to start off. I am scared to say one of my first projects may be a T-shirt quilt using all of my old SIU softball t-shirts. Nothing like jumping in feet first right away, but I figure if I screw it up, at least I tried. I may have to head over to Jimmy's mom for help because she is a pro when it comes to quilting!!! I can use all the help I can get.
But, good work to all you crafty moms...and feel free to send any cute ideas my way. I did, however, make some ADORABLE Halloween cards last night for my kiddos. I will have to post a picture of them for you when I get back home today!
Last day of September! Happy October!

No comments:

Post a Comment